Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Celebratory Tea

My chicken and I celebrated Tasha Tudor's birthday on Monday. We had a sweet little tea party and I read "A Time to Keep" to her like she was a little girl again. She didn't seem to mind, she knows she'll be my baby always.

As we read through the pages of the book, we talked about the beautiful pictures on each page. We counted the corgi's on each page, too. We each chose our favorite picture from the book, hers was and has always been, the August picture of the birthday cake floating down the river. She's always wanted her birthday cake to come floating down a river. Maybe one day! I'll have to find a small river, though! My favorite is the February picture with valentine's delivered by Sparrow Post. I just love that. My grandbabies will surely know of the Sparrow Post .

Tasha Tudor certainly knew how to weave wonderful memories into the hearts of her children and everyone else who has been blessed to have come to admire her art and life.

We had a wonderful time. It was truly, "a time to keep!"

Tea Party Menu:
Tea, of course
Mini quiches
Green salad
Chocolate Dipped Orange Peel Cookies

Thank you Clarice at Storybook Woods for such a wonderful idea and making a new tradition for me and my sweet daughter.

8 comments:

  1. Is this so much fun Laurie! Tasha is bringing so many of us together and I think she is smiling down from heaven today. I really enjoyed reading your post and love that you call your DD 'my chicken'.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious celebration of Tasha Tudor, you had.

    Miss Mari-Nanci
    Smilnsigh blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the URL for my post about a leatherbound miniature book illustrated by Tasha Tudor.
    http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2008/08/tasha-tudor-day-august-28-1915-june-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of Tasha too. She was quite a woman and the most wonderful illustrations just flowed from her pen. Nice post on her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to honor Tasha Tudor. I love that you had a tea party with your daughter, such a delightful way to instill traditions and teach her by example on how to cherish life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat! I love your ideas!

    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to sign up or be a member to post a comment. Choose "anonymous" if you'd like to say something. I'd like to know who you are, so sign your name with your comment.