Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Tabernacle Under the Stars

This is our sukkah! We ate dinner there last night and will continue through for seven more nights.

We are celebrating Feast of Tabernacles this week, also known as Sukkot. The Feast of Tabernacles is a joyous celebration. It is a time to remember the children of Israel dwelling in tents or booths as they trekked their way through the wilderness to the Promised Land. It is also a time for gathering in the harvest. We are to celebrate with praise and thanksgiving to God for the abundance he has blessed us with.

Sukkot is just one of the feasts of the Lord, that we are to keep as a statute forever throughout our generations. It is to be a reminder of past generations and also anticipation for a future life in which we will tabernacle with the Lord forever.

Jeff and I had a wonderful time enjoying our meal and admiring the beauty of it all with the candles all aglow. It was absolutely lovely eating dinner there under the stars.

How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!
My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord:
my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young, even thine altars,
O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God.
Blessed are they that dwell in thy house:
they will still be praising thee. Selah.
Psalm 84:1-4

7 comments:

  1. That is breathtaking!!!

    And no matter what our faith, we really do need to be thankful for all of our blessings. It gets so easy to forget that when we worry about the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to sit here in this little spot you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful, Laurie. That's a touch of beauty you have passed my way. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Miss Laurie. I have a good idea now why I was 'drawn' to you and your blog! (besides you being a super sweet lady) We started with doing a little research and making Challah. My husband is even excited about learning about the different feasts, etc. There is so much to learn and it will take me a while to learn it all, but I want to. Or will continue to do so.

    Thank you for your friendship, hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I'm looking forward to eating in this "tabernacle under the stars" with y'all!
    Love, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Josh and I want to create such a spot! We've been so wrapped up in creating one for the chickens that we haven't done anything for humans!!!

    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete

You don't have to sign up or be a member to post a comment. Choose "anonymous" if you'd like to say something. I'd like to know who you are, so sign your name with your comment.